"SHHM is a perfect race event organised by a group of runners and volunteers with in depth knowledge of running as a sport. Although a community based event, it has the look and feel of a world class event, organized in a most professional manner by a team of experts.
Runners of all levels, right from the beginner to the elites have this race in their bucket list for various reasons.
Yes, SHHM does have number of reasons to be a part of it
1. Weather on the race day- Post monsoon greenery and mist on the hills.
2. World standard AIMS certified race, bringing Satara on the Global running calendar.
3. Race location and Accessibility- well connected by expressway making it easy for travelling.
4. Challenges The route course winding through Sahyadri Ghats makes it pleasing as well as challenging. Thats the basic requirement of a runner to get runners High.
5. Race arrangements- perfecto!
6. Rules and regulations followed.
7. Media coverage- press meets of SHHM before they begin registrations, pre and post event
8. Support of local governing bodies and the citizens as well- Everything goes well when there is involvement of maximum strength. Ive witnessed it at SHHM.
9. Hospitality- One has to experience it to know it.
10. Travel and Tourism- the Historical place and Kaas Valley in the Geographical range of Sahyadri Mountains.
11. Satisfied runners of all categories. Pre and post event support.
12. Last but most important- Its a Guinness World Record creating race"